Our staff is trained with a hands on approach, always waiting to learn from your loved one. It is amazing what the elderly can teach us!!
- Legacy Senior Day Center offers
- Compassionate supervision by staff experienced in dementia care
- Low staff to participant care
- Variety of activities
- Safe, secure and well-planned environment
- Caregiver support
Benefits of Adult Day Care
- Socialization for participant
- Happier daily outlook for participant
- Opportunities for exploration
- Maintained level of independence
- Respite, or break, for the caregiver
- Established support system for the family
- Maintain Language skills
- Improve retrieval of long term memory
- Maintain social skills
A supervised environment provides peace of mind for the caregiver.
- Allows time for the caregiver to unwind and devote time to their own health
- Allows a full-time caregiver to maintain a fulltime job.
- Provides the caregiver with a much needed break without feeling guilt.
- EXAMPLES of ASSISTANC
- A mother living with her son and daughter who both work needed daily supervision. She attends 5 days a week.
A mother living with her son’s very busy family needed some companionship her own age. She stays 3 days a week.
A husband needed some time to run errands. He feels his wife, who was sometimes confused, needed supervision. She comes once a week.
A daughter who works third shift needs to sleep during the day. Her mother has periods of confusion and is unsteady on her feet. She attends 3 afternoons a week.
A lady that lives in an apartment by herself spends too
much time alone became ill. She now comes two days